I’ve been asked to explain a little more about Team Las Olas – probably because I am confusing. And I know I am because I’ve written about free Team Las Olas and also about fees and that doesn’t make sense (even to me!) so here goes.
Joining Team Las Olas is free. In fact, if you have a business on or around Las Olas, you’re already a member automatically. There are no fees and there’s no contract to sign and no obligation towards anything at all. (Pretty good in itself!) So, what you get is this:
- An article on our popular (and gorgeous) iamlasolas website. The subject can be of your choice – just a general overview, or focusing on a service or product you select, a review or even a slideshow. This article remains on our site permanently
- This article will be headline news on the site on the day it’s published. We have twelve articles on our homepage so yours will stay there for more or less a week (depending on the number of articles we have). It’s then found under the ‘latest news’ section
- Our articles normally get indexed by search engines within an hour or so
But that is just the beginning. Your article then goes to our huge social media network. On the day of its publication we also send your article to:
- Twitter (normally more than one of our Twitter accounts – we have several)
- Google +
- Our daily online paper
- Team Las Olas Scoop (possibly our Events in Fort Lauderdale too, if applicable)
- Our social hub
Remember that your article will be retweeted, shared, re-pinned and so on by our followers too. Where will it go? Who knows? We can’t even say that the sky is the limit because the astronauts in the International Space Station use Twitter and other social media! But you also get added to our online Las Olas travel guide. When we add information to our Las Olas guide, it is automatically added to the Fort Lauderdale guide too. And still, this isn’t costing you anything and there’s no obligation whatsoever. You’ll also have an enhanced listings page on your site. It can include:
- Photographs – in the form of a slideshow if you wish
- An interactive map
- A link to your own website
- Video if you have it
- Just about anything you wish!
What a great service! It’s our way of thanking you for becoming part of Team Las Olas – the group that aims to promote everyone in our area.
However, Team Las Olas is a business. We have expenses, such as hosting this website and our Las Olas website. We devote a huge amount of time to Team Las Olas. How do we do this? Well, let’s talk about the paid options. I know I’m being repetitive but there is no obligation to use these – but there are a lot of benefits if you do. There are three ways in which you can get even more benefits from our site and social media as follows.
- Additional article are written for you for $50 each. They will receive the same treatment as your free article and be distributed to all our social media and curation platforms. This can be once a year, once a week, whenever you have news to announce or be part of a planned campaign.
- There are advertising options available on our website. Advertising costs vary depending on placement and duration
- Many members of Team Las Olas are kind enough to use the ‘donate’ button on our website. $5 here, $25 there – it all helps to keep our site local and avoid those horrible flashing ads