Usually I write these rants as though I’m talking directly to the decision maker – the person who is going to use our fabulous website and social media services. But I’ve been reminded that many people reading this are PR agencies working for their clients, social media managers or others who have to sell the idea. Maybe you have to get a presentation together? Well, all the info is contained within these rants but there are a lot
So let’s summarize.
Where do your articles go?
- Your article, which is written and illustrated by us, is first published on our popular, fully-featured website – where it will remain
- It will also be on our site which is specially optimized for cellphones and tablets
- Very soon, it is indexed by search engines – where it will remain
- We then add it to our online daily paper. The paper is emailed to subscribers and is then sent to at least two of our Twitter accounts. Your article may appear in subsequent papers too
- It is added to our popular Pinterest account, our Google + account and our Facebook page
- The article itself then goes to at least two Twitter accounts
- It is sent to our Team Las Olas curation service
- If your article is about an event, it is added to our ‘Events in Fort Lauderdale’ curation
- Next, it goes to our social hub. This is a stand-alone site but is also embedded on our site
- If your business is a bricks and mortar location you will be added to out Las Olas travel guide, our Fort Lauderdale travel guide and their phone apps
- You will also receive a customized newsletter which you can use in whatever way you wish
Now, that’s all pretty fantastic! Take screenshots from our pages if you’re creating a report. Let your boss know that your first article is completely free of charge and subsequent articles (with all the above advantages) are just $50 each. As a professional marketer, you know that conventional marketing wisdom says that an ad has to be seen seven times to be effective. This is why we suggest a run of seven but the choice is yours. Leave it at the free article if you wish – there’s no obligation at all. Your employer or client may wonder why all the above is available for such a reasonable cost. Here’s the low-down:
- We are a community site with a strong community sense.
- We are not funded by any organization. This is because large organizations expect editorial control or at least a certain bias
- We want every local business or organization to be able to afford our services so we have adopted this crowd funding system – we would rather take small payments from many locals than large payments from large organizations who would demand a certain amount of control
- We also have a donation system which helps support the site. Donations may be from satisfied businesses, grateful locals, happy visitors … several sources. If your boss or client thinks we are too cheap, we would be happy for him or her to make a donation too
- You may charge your client whatever you see fit as you are acting as a referrer – was are happy for you to profitr from this … because we know you’ll be back!
You, your bosses or your client are free to:
- Share your article on your own Facebook page or other social media
- Share your articles as unbiased reviews of your business
- Send your customized newsletter to whoever you wish – indefinitely
- Write reviews (or solicit reviews) on our travel guides