I had a wonderful email today that I want to share with you. It was all about our Las Olas website. It seems that a marketing lecturer gave his final-year students ten Fort Lauderdale websites to evaluate. Guess which came out best? Yep!
Here are some of the points they loved about the site:
- The mix of articles. Quote: Pages are entertaining with a good element of humor. Advertorial pages blend with event and history stories
- Interactive maps. Quote: Readers can locate businesses without leaving the page
- Social sharing. Quote: Buttons on every page make it easy to share on several social networks
- Search facility. Quote: Not one but two search boxes on every page makes sure readers can find the information they are looking for
- Easy navigation. Quote: Navigation is simple and uncomplicated yet informative
- Up to date. Quote: The site appears to be updated daily and there’s more current information in the Twitter feed on every page
- Responsive. Quote: The site works well on all browsers, tablets and phones that we tested
- Clean and local. Quote: The site doesn’t have distracting banner advertising. Advertising is low-key and local to the area
- Friendly. Quote: The site is informal and friendly and this makes it appear trustworthy
- Original content. Quote: Photographs are unique to the site and are a standard format giving a clean look. Content pages are original and consistent in ‘tone of voice’
- Related links. Quote: Read a post and suggested similar posts are shown below. A good way to engage readers
- Social media. Quote: Exemplary use of social media platforms integrated into the site.